What you need to know:
When: Saturday, June 2, 2018. Times to be announced
Needed documents: Bring orginal license and copy.
All credits for prior elements passed must be original and copies of same
Valid IDs For Kids
The ARRL VEC manual states the following:
“When no photo ID is available, the candidate must present any two of the following items:
- Non-photo ID/Driver’s License (some states still have them)
- Social Security Card (as FCC now requires each applicant to supply a taxpayer ID number)
- Birth Certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- Minor’s work permit or school report card
- Utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person
- Postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the FCC Form 605
Even a video game magazine or Boy Scout Boy’s Life magazine addressed the the child will serve as one of the two required IDs; Or a school year book can provide photo proof for the child being tested; Also school report cards can be used. Anything else of a similar nature that demonstrates child’s identity and residence. By being accompanied by his or her parent does not satisfy the rule.
CAVEC, Inc. – CAVEC is a member of the National Volunteer Examiners Coordinators Program established by the Federal Communicaitons Commission (FCC). CAVEC accredits volunteer examiners (VE) and assists these VEs in the preparation and administration of examinations for all classes of amateur radio operator licenses.